Tradesmen International, Inc. Rod Buster in Orlando, Florida
Tradesmen International is seeking highly motivated craft professionals to join our team. If you’re a Rod Buster and want to work alongside other proven craftsmen who emphasize safety, productivity and superior craftsmanship, this is your chance to advance your career! We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees serving the world’s top contractors. With more than 5,000 active clients, we have plenty of great job opportunities for Rod Busters who are among the best in their field. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits and safety training to our employees.
A rod buster uses machines, equipment, tools and blowtorches to shape steel rods for use in concrete projects. In this role, you must understand the construction process and how rods reinforce concrete foundation or framing. You order the correct number of rods and mesh for placement, cut the iron into pieces, wrap them in mesh and fasten them to concrete forms. The work often involves long days on your feet and requires endurance to use heavy equipment for extended periods.
Position and secure steel bars or mesh in concrete forms in order to reinforce concrete. Use a variety of fasteners, blowtorches, and hand tools.
· Cut and fit wire mesh, using bolt cutters, and position mesh in form to reinforce concrete.
· Determine quantities, sizes, shapes, and locations of reinforcing rods from blueprints, or sketches.
· Position and secure steel bars, rods, cables, or mesh in concrete forms, using fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, and hand tools.
· Space and fasten together rods in forms according to blueprints, using wire and pliers.
· Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
· Use wood or plastic forms to shape the concrete and hold it until it is set
· Use machines that vibrate concrete to fill air pockets.
· Position blockouts and recess per blue prints.
· Set forms to specified Dimensions.
The ability to lift, bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs
The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
Be on Feet 8 to 12 hours shifts
The ability to keep or regain your body balance or stay upright when in an unstable position.
Tradesmen International, America’s elite skilled labor force, is seeking experienced Rod Busters to join our team. We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have a plenty of great opportunities for skilled construction carpenters that want to be the best in their field. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America.
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us. Please call the office at (407) 854-7801 to schedule an appointment.
Dental and vision plan
Prescription drug plan
401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
Tool purchase programs
Tradesmen International is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Req ID 2018-182708
Category Concrete - Rod Buster